The sunset Hummer® Safari departs each evening just before sunset from the Moab Adventure Center. Within minutes of departure you'll be scaling one of Moab's famous redrock fins on your way to an area known as "Hell's Revenge." We'll weave in and out of rock canyons, feel the power and confidence of the Hummer as it climbs steep sandstone hills. While on the trip your guides will explain to you the geology of the area, along with the history of the Canyonlands area. Midway through our trip, you'll have an unforgettable experience as we ascend to the summit of a captivating overlook. Here we'll relax and enjoy some snacks while the desert sun paints the evening sky. Then climb aboard the Hummer® as we descend under a blanket of innumerable stars. This off-road, 4x4 adventure is NOT inside any of the national parks but some of their vistas can be seen from the trail.
- Best time of the day to enjoy the back country scenery of Moab
- 3 hours of fun and excitement
- Experience one of Moab's most iconic and technical trails.
- This is a unique 4x4 activity you will not forget.
- Guests who are pregnant will not be permitted to go on this tour
- Guests with back injuries may experience some discomfort on this 4x4 activity, please be aware this is an off-roading tour where you may be jostled and jolted while on the trail.
- Professional guide
- Water and snacks
What to Bring
What to Wear
- Comfortable clothing (Layers are recommended for spring and fall)
- Comfortable shoes
If you are pregnant, you will not be permitted to go on this tour. Our trips take place in remote wilderness settings where access to advanced medical care can be hours away (possibly overnight), and conditions such as extreme heat and vigorous activity can amplify the discomfort and aggravate any known or unknown conditions. Please remember that, you will not always be pregnant, but the trail will always be here. We do not believe it is worth the risk, no matter how early you are in your pregnancy. We think moms are special and hope you understand. If you become pregnant after already having a reservation, please contact our office and we’ll arrange a full refund of your trip fare.
Minimum Trip Capacity
This tour requires at least 2 guests to go out.